Association references unmapped class

Association references unmapped class:

I keep getting this error after a few hours scratching my head. All the classes and mapping files are generated by DB-VA.

I have also put my hibernate.cfg.xml in the Bin directory (together with the generated DLL), but still getting the error.

The exception is thrown from this line in XXXXPersistentManager;

public override System.Reflection.Assembly GetAssembly() {
			return System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly();
		}

Seems like it is having problem reading configuration file or mapping, no?

Hello rosdikasim,

Does the has xml file generated for it? If yes and if the xml file is being modified, you need to rebuild project (build does not work)

If the problem persists, I would like to ask you for the project and the generated files for checking the problem. Without them, it is hard to locate the problem. If you will send, please do not post here. You can send to my email address:
jick@visual-paradigm.com

or create a ticket:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/support/technicalsupport.jsp

Best regards,
Jick

I did not modify anything, it just doesnt work from the start. The database I reverse engineered has about 100 tables.

I just emailed you the project file along with the generated mapping and cs classes.

If you need the database schema, you can just generate it out of the project file.

Regards,

Rosdi.

Hello Rosdi,

Thank you. I received your email. I will talk to our engineers and come back to you.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Rosdi,

The problem is fixed. Please download the patch at:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200704/Patch/sp1_20070420h/vpplatform.jar

To install the patch:

1. Shutdown any running instances of VP
  2. Replace $vp-suite-install-dir/lib/vpplatform.jar with the downloaded jar file
  3. Run $vp-suite-install-dir/bin/VP Suite.exe to install the patch
  4. Restart the application

Note:

1. If you are going to download with Internet Explorer, you may need to rename the file from .zip to .jar manually
  2. Please do not run Product Update after applying the patch. Otherwise the update will replace the patch with the previous version (I will inform you to run the update when the next release is ready)

Best regards,
Jick

I am getting this error afterI replace the jar file with this new one.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: v/icsa
	at v.ipqd.f(:29)
	at v.iazr.i(:30)
	at v.RD.main(:5)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
	at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

What could be the problem? Is my version different than yours or my trial license has expired? I have no way of checking the version number or my license since DBVA refuse to start and spit out this error instead.

I also tried to run ‘VP Suite License Viewer.exe’ to view my license but also get this error.

Ignore the above msg. Actually my jar file was corrupted, I redownloaded it and it works fine and dandy.

My problem now is my trial license has expired, lol, too bad.

I will have to convince my boss to purchase it to continue and I bet it is going to take some time. You know… getting management approval, etc… the usual red tape…

Hello Rosdi,

Your case is now available in Service Pack 2, which was released last Saturday. Since you were asked to use a patch, I would like to suggest you upgrade to the latest version, which is more stable than the patch.

To upgrade, please run the product updater inside the bin folder of VP Suite installation directory.

You may want to know more about the new and enhanced feature in Service Pack 2:
http://resources.visual-paradigm.com/vpsuite3.0sp2

Please feel free to let me know if you need any help.

Best regards,
Jick

Can any one please post the cause for the exception
org.hibernate.MappingException: Association references unmapped class:r the exception

Hi Rosdi,

Please send me your project and the generated code. If you mind posting here, please send to my Email address:
jick@visual-paradigm.com

Thank you.

Best regards,
Jick

Make sure you have set the ‘Build Action’ in the xml mapping file’s properties to ‘Embedded Resource’