Finding an element displayed in a diagram in the model explorer, is it possible?

Hi,

Let’s assume I select a model element in a diagram.
Now, is there a simple way to highlight (and jump to) the corresponding element in the model explorer?

Cheers,

Jozsef

Hi Jozsef,

You can right click on the element in diagram and select Selection > Select in Tree to show it in the Model Explorer. Feel free to contact me for any questions and have a good day!

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Thanks ! J.

Hi Jozsef,

You’re welcome. Feel free to post again if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

This does not work for me. I select a class in a class diagram, then select Selection > Show in Tree, and nothing happens. The Model Explorer does not open, and if I hover over it to expand it, the previously selected item is highlighted, not the element (here class) I am trying to find. (I’m using VP 15.0).

Hi Dennis,

I just checked and confirmed this isn’t working when the Model Explorer is in auto-hidden state. Before we fix this problem, you can first click the Toggle auto hide button on the pane to ensure it is visible before using the select in tree function. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Antony.

1 Like

I have one minor additional comment. What you proposed works, the model element is selected when the Model Explorer is permanently open. However, because the ME isn’t selected, the highlight color of the selected, found, element, is so faint that the element is nearly indistinguishable from the elements around it. Could the disabled-window background color be enhanced so that it is not as bright as the dark blue used when the ME is selected, but still better serves the purpose of making the element immediately apparent? Or perhaps because you are trying to make use of the ME, it could automatically be selected, achieving the same goal?

I appreciate the quick response to my earlier question!

Hi Dennis, I have forwarded your comment to our engineers to check how the select in tree behavior can be enhanced. We will keep you posted when the fix/enhancement is available. Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi Dennis,

I would like to let you know our engineers had enhanced the software which now user can specify the default tree for selecting elements from diagram using Select in Tree. Please update the software to latest patch build (build 20180830ar or later for v15.1, or build 20180820aq or later for v15.0) to get this enhancement. Details about update to latest patch can be found at

• Please make sure you have pressed the “Update to latest patch” button on the left hand side of the dialog right after launching the update program

After update the software you can specify the default tree for select element in tree action under Window > Application Options > View > Select in Tree. Feel free to contact me for any questions and wish you have a good day!

Best regards,
Rain Wong

1 Like