New Installation: Crashes Immediately

I just downloaded and installed Visual Paradigm 15.0 (20180401). The installation went fine and I was able to select “Evaluate” upon the first launch.

However, the entire application now crashes to desktop completely every time I try to run it. Sometimes it will load the Welcome page, other times it doesn’t make it that far.

There are no error messages shown at all, the application just exits. It does seem to happen as soon as the “What’s New” window appears, though.

Any suggestions?

We are very sorry about the problem you experienced. Our engineers will fix it and I’ll keep you post once there are any update. Feel free to contact me for any help and wish you have a good day!

Hi zephyr,

I would like to let you know our engineers had deployed a new build which should fixed the application crash problem you experienced. May I know you are running VP on what platform so that I can help you on updating your software and get this problem solved? Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Hello,

I am having the same problem as zephyr, i try to open Visual Paradigm, it loads the software and opens the graphical user interface, but shortly after the main interface boots up a smaller pop-up window appears, it looks like a welcome screen or start up wizard (i don´t really now because it is the first time i am using this software, and unfortunately i can’t even see how the program suppose to look like), and then the VP immediately shutdown, without leaving any message or trace of it’s existence. I am using Windows 10 64 bit, and i have already try to fix this issue using the update VP 15.0 wizard and updating to the latest build, the update was made successfully however i can’t even know which build i am now running since i can´t even open the program, however the issue remains. How can i solve this problem?

Sorry about the problem.

Visual Paradigm have few fail detections on startup.
Once detected, it will automatic disable crashed feature.
Please try to launch Visual Paradigm again and see is it work.
In worst case, fail detection require 3 times launch.

Could you send vp{…}.log files and hs_err_pid{…}.log to us for further study?

• vp{…}.log files is placed under {user home}/VisualParadigm folder
  • hs_err_pid{…}.log is placed under working directory or temp directory

Please send them to: support-team@visual-paradigm.com
and include the link to this post in the email.

I would like to let you know our engineers deployed a new build which enhanced the fail detection on startup. Please update the software to latest patch build (20180415cr or later) to get the problem fixed. Details about update to latest patch can be found at

• Please make sure you have pressed the “Update to latest patch” button on the left hand side of the dialog right after launching the update program

After update to latest patch you can re-run the software when it fail to start to trigger the fail detection and auto fixing to the problem. Feel free to contact me if you require any further information.

Best regards,
Rain Wong