Wrong ddl with DEFAULT SYS_GUID()

Within an ERD, I have created a table with a raw(16) column . I have furthermore set the default of the column to SYS_GUID().

When I generate the SQL-DDL Statement Agilian produces:

CREATE TABLE d2po_sharedKernel.period_type (
id raw(16) DEFAULT ‘SYS_GUID()’ NOT NULL,

Which is wrong. Correct would be:

CREATE TABLE d2po_sharedKernel.period_type (
id raw(16) DEFAULT SYS_GUID() NOT NULL,

Is there anything I can do, to make Agilian recognize that SYS_GUID() is an oracle function just like systimestamp (https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B13789_01/server.101/b10759/functions153.htm)?

Thanks,
Steffen

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your inquiry. A patch will be available soon to recognize SYS_GUID() as an oracle function.

Hi stachroe,

According to our engineers this problem was just fixed in the latest build of Visual Paradigm 14.2 SP1. According to your message you seems using the Agilian, which is no longer supported or maintained. Would you please send me your license key (in private message) so that I can lookup your license record and see did your license entitle the upgrade to latest version of Visual Paradigm? Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Hi,

I am using Version 14.2 Build sp1_20180101. Sounds quite up to date to me.

Regards,
Steffen

One more Hint:
I have created the ERD diagram with an old version of Agilian, have updated Agilian and imported the old project into the new Agilian version.

Unfortunately the build sp1_20180101 on v14.2 didn’t contain the fix yet. Please update the software to latest patch build (sp1_20180215ab or later) to get the problem fixed. Details about update to latest patch can be found at

Feel free to contact me for any help and wish you have ag ood day!

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Hi,

I have done an update with “Visual Paradigm Patch Update.exe” , but only to Build sp1_20180201.

But the “Visual Paradigm Patch Update.exe” doesn’t offer me anymore updates.

And as you said is the problem not solved with sp1_20180201.

Greetings,
Steffen

By execute Visual Paradigm Patch Update.exe it should bring you to the patch build as below.

Would you please send me a screenshot about the update executable you tried?

Hi,

this update is not offered to me:
update

But I am still on:

Regards,
Steffen

May I know you launch the update by Visual Paradigm Update.exe? or Visual Paradigm Patch Update.exe?

I have finally done an update. I am now on

still a DEFAULT = SYS_GUID() gets generated as DEFAULT ‘SYS_GUID()’ and not as DEFAULT = SYS_GUID()

Are you sure you have fixed this bug, yet?

Regards,
Steffen

Hi Steffen,

Please ensure the default value is not quoted:

Hi,

it is not quoted:

still:

Hi Steffen,

We checked it is not supported by these deprecated dialects:
org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect
org.hibernate.dialect.DataDirectOracle9Dialect
org.hibernate.dialect.OracleDialect

You can check it here:

Please change it to “org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle10gDialect” or “org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9iDialect”

We’ll remove the deprecated dialect from the UI.

cool!
It works!
Thanks a lot.