Element numbering re-do

i saw a previous post asking about element numbering, but it was a few months old, so i wanted to see if there has been any progress on this feature.

i need automatic element numbering. either applied to the entire project, or selectively applied to a specific element with a recurvise option.

i hate to post a URL to a competitors site - but i’ve narrowed my choice of s/w to either them or you guys. take a look at the following and you’ll get a really good idea on what i’m talking about.

thanks!

Hi ksain,

You are asking this question at the right time. We will support numbering in the coming version, which is expected to be available the next week.

Best regards,
Jick

bpmn_enhancement_1.jpg

that’s great. if i could make a suggestion, i’d offer that you guys make the number appear out of the element inside it’s own identifier. some of my element names have a lot of text on them already.

something like a bubble on the top right of the element or something similiar.

thanks!

Hi ksain,

I have passed your feedback to our developers. Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Jick

This topic I’ve discussed with visual-paradigm support for some month ago. I have also posted some articles at this forum. It was promised to develop automatic identifying system plus possibility for free choice of identifiers with uniqueness check.
Now one of my projects was grown up for more than 600 models and becomes unusable because of lack of model identifiers. I have been forced by my customers to find a solution or changed out the application (BPVA). It’s a great job to move manually the whole system to different application and I can easily loose my customers.
The lack of identifiers makes BPVA just an amazing baby toy but not serious development tool.
I just wonder how such good organized firm as Visual paradigm can ignore BPMI specifications.

By the way, it could be great idea to develop identifiers also for UML

Hi ksain,

This is an update for your request - We will put the identifier on top of the model, at the right hand side. I hope you will like this change.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi ksain,

Just a quick note to inform you that Service Pack 3 is released. It supports ID for business process model objects. I hope you will find it useful.

You can get a copy of this release at:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/download.jsp?product=bpva

Best regards,
Jick

I enabled for the ID numbers to show on the diagrams, however non show?

How to refresh to show the ID numbers?

Thanks.

Hi Henk,

How do you enable showing the ID numbers? If you enable in the Option dialog box, the setting will take effect in the diagrams that you will create, but not the existing diagrams. If you want to show ID numbers for existing diagrams, right-click on the diagram, and select Presentation Options > Show ID of Elements > $show-option from the popup menu.

Please let me know if it helps.

Best regards,
Jick

That did it :-).

Thanks I might do a bit of RTFM (LOL).

Jick,

That’s why I am talking about. In the first message of this topics there is a link to another SW in the example we can choose the BPM element to numbering, and that is great, because usually we only need activities to number not pools, lanes, events,etc.
Thanks,

I am looking forward for your answer.
I also posted yesterday the same question in the topic Element numbering.

Ttyka