Working with branches

Hi,

I’m currently testing teamwork server and was wondering if there any mean to work with branches : the aim is to reproduce what developers do with their sources in CVS.

Let’s say we have an UML model which is evolved by many projects simultaneously. In order to maintain a coherent model for each project, we would create a branch for each of them, with the ability to merge modifications on the trunk, as the projects are finished.

Have you any solution ? (Perhaps, it is easier to rely on SVN or CVS ?)

Thanks in advance.

Hi djim,

We will support branching and tagging in the coming release. I can arrange an early access release for you to evaluate if you like. Please let me know if you want to try.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi,

have you any supposed date for the new release ?

I may be later interested in an early access release (probably during September).

I have another question, not really teamwork server concern :

Is it possible to reference another VP project in order to use objects included in it. The aim is avoiding to completely merge a model into a project, whereas a little part of it will be used.

is this feature available or planned ? (I’ve not found it)

Regards.

Hi djim,

Sorry for the belated reply.

have you any supposed date for the new release ?

Already released. Please download at:

New features and enhancements:

Is it possible to reference another VP project in order to use objects included in it. The aim is avoiding to completely merge a model into a project, whereas a little part of it will be used.

We have this plan. I will let you know when we have some prototype for you to try with.

Best regards,
Jick