Details Missing when Use Case is Duplicated

When I duplicate a Use Case, all of the information is copied as I expect; however, the Use Case Detail tab is blank. I expect my preconditions, etc. to be duplicated also. Is this as intended, it would seem to be a bug to me.

Thanks very much

In addition to the details being missing on the copied/duplicated use case, the details tab is disabled on all use cases created in the project after the duplication is completed. I am now unable to enter any details for any use case, copied, or initiated within the project.

Hi thergenroether,

I just checked on the latest build and it seems cannot repeat the problem you experienced. May I know what is the version VP you using and what is its build number?

Best regards,
Rain Wong

I get the same issue in v12 - in addition, when I duplicate a Business Process Diagram and then attempt to create a use case from any task associated with it - or any task associated with a sub-process created from that duplicated process, there are no use case details available. In addition, it removes the use case details from the entire project.

Hi thergenroether,

This problem should be fixed. Please update the software to latest patch build (20150320aa or later) to get the bug fixed. Details about update to latest patch can be found at

• Please make sure you have pressed the “Update to latest patch” button on the left hand side of the dialog right after launching the update program

Feel free to contact me for any questions and wish you have a good day!

Best regards,
Rain Wong