Thanks for your message and for your questions:
- Will SDE for .net work in VS2010?
Yes, SDE for Visual Studio support VS 2010.
- If my project is entirely in TFS, what will happen if I generate a UML diagram from my existing
- where will the new diagram be placed?
- will it be under TFS control?
SDE-VS do not support TFS. If you using TFS, you can only checkin your SDE project to TFS as a binary file. Sure we do not recommend work in this way since this lost the ability to perform real team operation on the UML models.
- likewise, if I get a class diagram, modify it, then generate code from it and my project is in TFS
will I get appropriate version control etc. from TFS to kick in?
I suggest you can handle your code in TFS, and handle your SDE project with our Teamwork Server. Our Teamwork Server provide automatic versioning, conflict detection and resolution also baseline control on your SDE project. You can find out more details about our Teamwork Server at http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/vpts/
Feel free to contact me if you require any further information.
When a customer using VS 2010 and TFS 2010, obviously they prefer to use only one source control system. Considering this it would be great if VP product provides interface with TFS for source control. The enterprise architect tool provides interface with TFS by default. If you have any work around to connect to TFS, please let me know.