Access Denied error when attempting to download VP Community edition help files

I have installed Visual Paradigm Community edition and it is working fine. However, when I attempt to install the help files (I select ‘download from internet’) I receive an ‘Access Denied’ message.

How can I obtain and install the help files?

Regards,
Bob M

Hi user,

Thanks for your post. Please ensure that you have writing permission in the VP installation directory.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thanks for the response! I am using Vista and the OS will ask for permission to continue when I execute install programs. For some reason, I do not get this message when I attempt to install the help files. I will try to install them as administrator.
Regards,
Bob Mitchell

Got it! :smiley: Although I have administrator rights on Vista, I had to change the program’s compatibility mode under properties and check ‘Run this program as administrator’ to get the help files to download and install.

You may want to post this info as a ‘sticky’ somewhere for other Windows Vista users.

Regards,
Bob Mitchell

Hi Bob Mitchell,

Thanks for replying and I’m glad that you solved the problem. The reason why you need to run VP as administrator is the enabled User Access Control on Vista, we will review this issue to see if this can be avoided.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong