Agilian vs VP for UML

Hello,
I’d like to understand the difference between VP for UML and Agilian. It seems that VP contains all features of Agilian, but adoption roadmap_41.pdf says that for test planning and test case development, agilian should be used.

Can anybody explain me where the difference is?

best regards
Piotr Rezmer

Hi Piotr Rezmer,

Thanks for your inquiry. Actually both VP-UML and Agilian can be used for testing planning and test case development, but they have their own strength.

Agilian support all diagrams but it does not support any code or database engineering, it’s suitable for agile modeling.
So if you need to model diagrams as well as code engineering, you need to use VP-UML Standard Edition or above. If you need Java round-trip engineering and/or database reverse/generation, you need VP-UML Professional Edition or above.

You can have a comparison between VP-UML and Agilian at the following link, you can select the edition you are interested in for comparison. BTW, VP-UML Enterprise Edition covers all features in Agilian.

http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/vpsuite/selectivecompare.jsp?product1=vpuml&product2=ag&product3=&edition1=ee&edition2=pe&edition3=

If you are not sure which edition should be picked, would you mind to share your requirements with us so we can give some suggestions?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thanks for response,

By the way, where can I find detailed comparison of features? For example VP-UML Enterprise supports fully requirement modelling and professional version supports is partially. What is exact difference?

best regards
Piotr Rezmer

Hi Piotr Rezmer,

Thanks for replying. Please click on the node of “Requirement Modeling” to view the detailed features (see attached image) and you will be able to see the feature difference.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

expand_nodes.PNG

Thanks, I’m not too wise :lol:

Hi Piotr Rezmer,

It’s my pleasure. :wink:

Best regards,
Lilian Wong