All my work was lost, I cannot save my diagrams

I cannot save my VP-UML diagrams. Some times it works, some others it doesn’t. It is very fustrating not to be able to save / recover the work I have been doing for 3 hours.

My set-up:
Windows XP Service Pack 1.
Eclipse 3.0.2 Build: 200503110845
Visual Paradigm SDE-EC 2.0 Build 20041218n with floating license

Does any one know if there is a work-around or update of the tools? or is just that I am doing something wrong?

Thank you!

Dear alfileres,

Sorry for my late response and any inconvenience this problem caused you. Would you mind tell me what build number of the SDE that you are using? If possible, could you please send me the vp.log file? You can find the vp.log file in the eclipse directory. Please send it to rain@visual-paradigm.com or through my private message if you don’t want it to be accessed by public. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Rain

I have had the same problem, the save sometimes works, soetimes does not.

Also, when exporting the UML diagrams the SDE often locks up completely, locks at exporting 0%. A .jpg file seems to be created wth size 0 Kbytes.

When I try to close the exporting dialog box a message is displayed saying “waiting for an input from yourself” …

my setup is… SDE version 3.0 20050624V
Eclipse 3.1.0 I20050219-1500

Could you mind send me your vp.log file to have a look? You can find the vp.log file inside eclipse directory. Please send it to rain@visual-paradigm.com directly. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Rain

Hi Rain, I just lost a good portion of my work as well being unable to save my file. Is there any way to recover it? Thanks

Hi Evelyn,

Thank you for your inquiry. I notices that you also submitted a support request to us and our team had replied you for more details on your issue. We may consider our discussion in the support request. Feel free to contact me for any questions and wish you have a good day!