Any plan to support other ORM framework in PHP?

Is there any plan to support other framework? Ezpdo generates crap associative tables in the database. Doctrine is much better.

Hello jmdavid,

Thanks for your message. Actually our PHP ORM is already using Ezpdo. Would you mind tell me what do you mean by “generates crap associative tables in the database”? Or would you mind tell me more details on what you looking for? Looking forward to hear your reply.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Ezpdo generates ez_relation_whatever for every association, here is an example of a table called ez_relation_address_contact, where I have a contact with ID 2 and an address of ID 20, ezpdo creates 2 records for bi-directional relation:
class_a oid_a var_a base_b class_b oid_b
1-Address 20 contact Contact Contact 2
2-Contact 2 addresses Address Address 20
When you have to deal with data manipulation directly in SQL, for reporting for example, it’s a mess.

Doctrine works in a cleaner manner. I guess Doctrine will become THE facto standard as soon as it will be 1.0 release.

Thank you.

Hello jmdavid,

Thanks for your details. I’ll discuss with our engineers and get back to you about their feedback. If you need any help, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Any update on that? Doctrine is near 1.0 release.

Hello jmdavid,

At the moment we have no plans to support it, but we will consider to support it in VP Suite 6.4 (by the end of this year).

Best regards,
Rain

Still no plan to support Doctrine ORM???

Hi user,

Thanks for your post. We plan to support Doctrine ORM in VP Suite 4.1. If there is any further news on this issue, I’ll inform you at once.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thanks for answer. What is the roadmap for it? You said VP Suite 4.1 but it is 3.x now. Which version of VP for UML Enterprise you plan to support Doctrine and when is the target date?

Thank you.

Hi user,

Thanks for replying. Our next release will be VP Suite 4.0 (within this month), we expect to release VP Suite 4.1 in July or later. I’ll notify you if there is any further news on this issue.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

any update on that? When will you support Doctrine or YAML generation?

Thanks.

Hi Jmdavid,

Thanks for replying. We are sorry that support to Doctrine and YAML generate is delayed, but we will support it in VP Suite 4.1 SP1 or later. I’ll keep you posted for any further news on this issue.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi,

Any update on when doctrine will be supported by Visual Paradigm?

Thanks,

/mcms

Hi Mcms,

Thanks for your inquiry. As mentioned, we will support Doctrine in VP Suite 4.1 SP1, which is planned to be released on coming November.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hello LilianWong,

VP Suite 4.1 SP1 has been released but I couldn’t find anything about Doctrine in Release Notes.
Is Doctrine support postponed to a future release?

Hi Mcms,

We are sorry that Doctrine support is delayed again but it’s fixed to be available in VP Suite 4.2 (on January 2010). Our engineers are working on this and will deploy release candidate (RC) once it’s done. I’ll send you the RC when it’s available for testing.

Once again, we apologize for the delay on this issue.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi LilianWong,

I will look forward to test the RC version.

PS. I want to say thanks for your customer care and great product (I’ve a little experience with VP Suite because Doctrine Support is a critical feature for me)

Regards,

Hi Mcm,

You are welcome! Your comments and suggestions are important to our product and we try our best to enhance it for fitting users’ need. :smiley:
I’ll let you know if RC is available.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Jmdavid, Mcms,

I would like to notify you that RC of VP Suite 4.2 is available for testing Doctrine framework in PHP ORM. I just sent you a private message with link to download the RC, please have a check.

You can select the framework “Doctrine” for PHP ORM (as shown as attached image). I hope you will enjoy the RC!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

doctrine.png