As-is processes and recommended processes

I’m currently working on a project that requires me to document the as-is or current process and then document a recommended process to replace it.

Is there an easy way of grouping a set of business process? Eg. As-is and Recommended. I’m hoping to avoid creating separate projects as some of the recommended processes will use existing activities/tasks.

Cheers
Grant

Hello Grant,

There are several ways of grouping. They include:

1. By using Group shape. Group is a shape, which allows you to group elements on a diagram visually. To try, select Group from the diagram toolbar, and wrap the shapes on the diagram.

2. By using package. Package is also a shape that group elements on a diagram. Besides, you also can create package under Model tree.

3. By using Logical View. Logical View is for structuring and organizing diagrams. Diagrams can be categorized into views. For example, you can have a View called As-Is. Inside the As-Is view, you can have several diagrams that show the process. You can enable the Logical View by selecting View > Panes > Logical View from the popup menu.

4. By grouping shapes together. This one does not group shapes under another shape. Instead, this groups shapes together to share the same formatting and moving action. You can try by selecting several shapes on a diagram, right-click on the selection and select Grouping > Group from the popup menu.

Hope this helps. If not, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

If I use the logical view option, is there a way of using these views in the documentation /project generation?

Cheers,
Grant

Hi Grant,

I am sorry, but Logical View is not available in reports at the moment. I will forward your request to our development team to follow up.

Best regards,
Jick

HI Jick,

Thank you for your quick response. I believe that a feature like being able to generate documentation on the logical view will allow a lot of Business Analyst and other users of the tool, generate documentation that will be easier to follow and maintain.

I know that if I provide documentation to stakeholders without this, they will only get confused.

I will continue to manually copy/paste information to add some sort of logical categoriztion to the documentation.

Let me know when your developers have reviewed and of the outcome.

Thanks again

Grant

Hi Grant,

I think you can also create a new Business process model in the same project and reuse Tasks, events and gateways that you have already defined/documented.

Thanks and have a nice day,
Patrice