Automatic update

Are there automated update checks like the VP-UPDATE in VP.UML?

Hi user,

If you installed BP-VA from the VP Suite installer, updater is available under the bin directory of $vp-suite-install-dir.

Best Regards,
Jick

…and what, if it was NOT installed fom vp-suite, but via its own installer package?

TIA
Oliver

Sorry, the updater is available in VP Suite only. I will ask our engineers to support this in BP-VA installation.

Hi again,

Just to let you know we will support updater in BP-VA in July (estimated).

Best Regards,
Jick

glad to hear that.
What to do til the updater is available?

Hi user,

I suggest you install BP-VA from the VP Suite, but not from the BP-VA installer. Actually the tools are the same, but the one installed from VP Suite can take advantage of the auto update supported by VP Suite.

Best Regards,
Jick

We are about to order some packages of BP-VA, but will need a Auto-update function. Does it work when we install the VP-suite, use only the BP-VA install and activate those with the keys we will get?

thanks!

kr Boris

Hi Kr Boris,

Thank you for your interest in our products. Certainly, you can activate the BP-VA in those VP Suite installations with your keys.

Best Regards,
Jick

Jick,

I also installed BP-VA from its installer.
My version is 1.1 (Build sp2_20060922)
I would like to upgrade to the version with the auto-update function.
Where on the VP website can I find out which patch or upgrade is available?

Best regards,
Elbert

Hi Elbert,

I regret that the current version of BP-VA does not support update. However, this will be available in the coming release (Service Pack 3), which will be released within this 2 weeks.

Now, if you want to advance to the latest release, you need to download again. Sorry for any inconveniences it may cause you.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Elbert,

I am glad to announce that BP-VA 1.1 Service Pack 3 is released. As I said, automatic update is being updated in this release. Please get a copy from the download page at:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/download.jsp?product=bpva

Please feel free to let me know if there are any questions.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello,

This is an old post but I’m bumping it up. We purchased BP-VA version 1.1 in July 2006 and are wanting to upgrade to version 2.0. I don’t see an automatic (or any other) update function for us to get the new version, and when I download version 2.0 from the VP site, it will not allow me to use my existing .zvpl file for the product key. Am I doing this wrong, or do we need to buy a new version already?

Thanks!
Lana B.

Hi Lana B.,

It has been a long time since our last conversation. How are you?

I checked your record and found that you are entitled to an upgrade to version 2.0, which already supports automatic update.

As you have downloaded version 2.0, all you need now is a key. To obtain the key, please login to your customer account at:
http://cs.visual-paradigm.com

You will find the key from the account.

Best regards,
Jick

Thanks Jick!

I’ve gotten the new key and all is working fine.

I’ve been doing well and hope you are too. The reason you hardly see me on the forum is because BP-VA works so well that I rarely need help. 8)

Have a great day,
Lana B.

Hello LanaB,

Thank you for your continuous support in Visual Paradigm. Let’s together make a better product 8)

Best regards,
Jick