Behavior change in report generation in VP 7.2

I use the report generation for requirements diagrams a lot. One of the things that has changed in VP 7.2 is that in the Documentation item for the element, which prints out the Name, ID, Text, and any Comments, any comments that do not have an Author and Date Time specified automatically get populated with the username and current date time in the report (these are blank in the Specifications window). Before, in VP 7.1, these rows were simply not generated/included in the report output, which is the behavior I still want.

Also, would it be possible to have the individual fields for Text and Comments available instead of lumping it all in Documentation? Name and ID are available, but not Text. So if I have requrements and all I want to output is the Name, ID, and Text for that requirement, I would be able to do so.

VP 7.2 Build 20100115

Thanks and let me know if you need more information if that explanation is not clear enough.

Hi Captain,

Thanks for your post. I believe you mean the Project Management properties which is introduced in VP-UML 7.2 (see attached image).

If you do not want to generate the project management properties, I suggest you have a try to report template designer. Report template designer lets you customize the report so you will have a great flexibility of report output. Please find details about report template designer from:

Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything I can help.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

project_management_properties.png

I did use the Report Template Designer. My issue is that the project management details are being inserted into the Comments sections. If I put the Author and Date Time of the comment in, then I have 5 fields show up for each individual comment (Author, Create Date Time, Last Modified, Author, Date Time).

Why are the project management details going into the individual requirement Comment details table?

Hi Captain,

Thanks for replying. I’ve passed the issue to our engineers to check, and I’ll come back to you immediately if there is any feedback.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Captain,

I would0 like to inform you that we have fixed the excess project management information for models’ Comments, please run “VP Suite Update” for updating to latest patch (20100127j or later). Details about updating to latest patch are available at the link below. Please let me know if you need any further information.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thank you Lilian. The quick fix, as usual, is much appreciated.

I noticed that build 20100127j is doing something weird with the Diagram Navigator. The Diagram Navigator displays all model elements as “No Model Element”.

I concluded that the latest patch is causing this issue when I tested this using a previous build (20100109) and comparing the results to the 20100127j build. Build 20100109 renders the model elements in the Diagram Navigator correctly. Furthermore, when I create a new project and start adding model elements, I’m still seeing the “No Model Element” label when I expand the Diagram Navigator.

Attached is a screenshot of the issue.

vp_uml_20100127j.png

I would also like to add that the models themselves are fine. I can view and edit their Specifications just fine and they render correctly in the diagram itself. Exporting the project works correctly as well so I think it’s just a rendering issue isolated to the Diagram Navigator.

Also, I’ve attached a screenshot of a new project with a new diagram showing the same behaviour.

vp_uml_20100127j_2.png

Hi D6chung,

Thanks for your posts and we noticed this problem yesterday and our engineers are fixing it. We are sorry about this problem and we will fix the problem and deploy the patch asap.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Captain, D6chung,

We have fixed the problem of showing “No Model Element” for normal models. Please run “VP Suite Update” for updating to patch build 20100127k (or later). If you need details about updating to latest patch, please visit:

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thanks, the latest patch resolved the issue.

Hi D6chung,

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is any inquiry.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

[quote=LilianWong]Hi Captain, D6chung,

We have fixed the problem of showing “No Model Element” for normal models. Please run “VP Suite Update” for updating to patch build 20100127k (or later). If you need details about updating to latest patch, please visit:

Best regards,
Lilian Wong[/quote]

Thanks Lilian,
Dose the patch correct the existing model problems (no model element problem) or just prevents future problem occurring?

Hello parsa,

Actually the version discussing in this thread is extremely old, and the latest version 10.2 should not have such problem. If you are not using the latest version then I do recommend you have a try on it.

http://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/

Best regards,
Rain Wong