Bi-directional one-to-many association using generics

Hi,

I have a one to many bi-directional association beween a class Category and Product (using JDK 1.5 generics). Here is the simplified code where we can see that a Category has many Products and a Product has a parent Category :

public class Category {

private Long id;
    private String name;
    private String description;
    private List<Product> products;
}

public class Product {

private Long id;
    private String name;
    private Category category;
}

When I reverse this code into VP-UML (SDE for Intellij Idea 3.3 sp3) I have the following class diagram :

Category <------ Product

When I really want this :

Category --------*- Product

I know that generics are recognized by VP-UML, is there any specific thing to do ? I can’t find any information.

Thanks,

Antonio

Hi agoncal,

Thank you for your post. We will support this in the coming version. I am requesting an early access release for you and I will send you on the next Monday.

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Jick

Thank you very much Jick. I really apreciate. I’m writing a book and using Visual-Paradigm for my UML diagrams so it will be really good to have this feature. Let me know.

Antonio

Hello agoncal,

The new version, which supports your need of code generation is out. I hope that you will try it out, and let us know if it fits your need. For details about the changes made to the new version, please read:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/news/vpsuite30/vpuml60.jsp

Best regards,
Jick

Hum, it looks like my license for 2.3 doesn’t work for 3.0. I’ m going to try with a temporary key.

Hi agoncal,

Are you able to get a key? If not, please let me know and I will try to send you one.

Best regards,
Jick