Black Windows in VS2005

Hi there!

I’m evaluating the SDE and am having trouble using it.
everything seems to run fine until I try to make Diagrams out of my already existing code. As soon as I drag and drop my existing classes all SDE Windows turn black and VStudio gets iresponsive. So I have to shut down VS with the Taskmanager.
I’m attaching the error log, vp log, and a screenshot. Hope someone can help me.

Hi renderflash,

Sorry for any inconveniences the problem may cause you. Are you able to repeat the problem? If yes, could you let me know what did you try to drag and drop? Where is the source and target of the drag and drop? Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Jick

Thanks for your response Jick,

I can repeat the problem since it happens everytime I do it. I tried to drag two classes from the ClassRepository Window to the Diagramm Overview. But it also happens when I right click on the class and try to make the diagrams with the form diagram facility. Right now I just clicked on a class in the ClassRepository view and the same problem happened. I already tried reinstalling SDE, didn’t solve the problem. Maybe I have to mention that when I first installed SDE I had VS running in the background coincidentally, maybe that messed something up?

Hi renderflash,

Let me discuss with our engineers. I will come back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick

After one and a half day of trying to track down the problem, I think i finally got it!!
The crash occurs when having Visual Assist X installed plus the Toolbar of Visual Assist X activated. If I don’t activate the VAX Toolbar, everything works fine!! I was able to reconstruct the problem on a diffferent machine, same happened…
So that should help your developers to track the problem down (if it is your problem and not that of VAX). Right now the Solution to deactivate the VAX Toolbar is ok, but I would be glad if you could inform me if you were able to fix this problem (and of course I’d be glad to receive a price reduction for bug tracking :slight_smile: joke…).

edit: tried with VAX Build1539 and Build1445

Hi renderflash,

Thanks a lot for your post! We will try to test this problem following your hints.

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Jick

Hello renderflash,

Sorry to keep you waiting until now. We just retested this problem with the latest version of Visual Assist X, and we no longer able to reproduce the problem. Therefore, could you update your VAX and try again? Please let me know if it works. Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Jick