BPMN 2.0 states for DataObjects/Input/Output

Good morning!

Please provide some support regarding the following topic:

BPMN 2.0 specification chapter 10.3 defines constructs DataObject, DataInput and DataOutput. For each of them optional reference to DataState element is defined.

My question is why VP supports only appending of states to DataObjects? Well, one could split the name of each construct like “NameOfObject<Alt+Return>[MyState]”, but this is not very practical (no reusibility of states, bad view in model explorer, …).

Comparing to common DataObjects I would expect to be able to attach DataState element to DataInput/DataOutput constructs too. Please provide some information when this will be possible (shouldn’t take long time as feature is already available for DataObject, right?).

Thanks - Frank

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your post. I’ve passed your request to our engineers to study, and I’ll let you know if there is any news on this issue.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Frank,

I would like to let you know that we enhanced to support states for DataInput and DataOutput, please update to latest patch (20100120q or later) for this enhancement. Details about about updating product to latest patch can be found from:

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,

thank you for forwarding this issue to your software developers.

They did a good job, after installing of latest patch finished I was able to append states to DataInput/DataOutput objects as expected.

Regards, Frank

Hi Frank,

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Lilian Wong