Cannot delete item (Interface)

Mostly loving Visual Paradigm for UML, but got a very annoying problem that has happened a couple of times now…

Somehow, the project gets into a state where an item cannot be deleted - no matter what I do. Both times, the item has been an interface. It might be only interface items that do this - not sure.

…anwyay, I can’t delete the interface itself. I can’t delete any parent items (Port, class / part / object / whatever). I can’t delete the diagram it’s on! I can’t find any way to get rid of the particular item…
…except to scrap the project and start again!

…has anybody else had this? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Rich

Hello Rich,

Thank you for your post. Could you send me your project for reproducing the problem? Here is my Email address:
jick@visual-paradigm.com

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Jick

E-mail sent.

Thanks.

Received.

Thank you,

Hello! I have the same problem.

Symptoms: Component diagram. After adding some connectors i cannot delete elements that connected to these connectors. I also cannot change or move connectors. Connectors not shown in the Tree. All is very slow.

Idea: You have a problem with your connectors. If i draw a connector, sometimes the aligment guide gets focus and connector is lost but added to the diagram.

I have disabled aligment guides and its “ok” now.

Regards, Slava

Hello Slava,

Your hints could be very important. Let me ask more - Do you find this problem in Component Diagram? Are you able to reproduce it?

Also, if possible please send me your project to let our engineers help you fix it first. At the same time, we 'll try to produce and fix this problem.

This is my Email address:
jick@visual-paradigm.com

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Jick!

Sorry, but i just not allowed to send You my project. The problem is very easy to reproduce:

1. Open Component Diagram.
  2. Create 20-30 Interfaces. Place them randomly, so that You have much alligment guides.
  3. Create a component.
  4. Try to connect this component with each of the interfaces with the “Usage -> Interface” connector.
  5. You will see the problem. I see it at 4-6 connector.

Hello slava,

Thank you for your hints. I am going to try it out shortly and let you know the results. Thank you once again!

Best regards,
Jick

hello Slava,

Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce the problem :frowning: :frowning:

Have you been updating the application options? Could you try with a new workspace?

Besides, may I know which build you are using? You can check from the About dialog (Help > About)

Best regards,
Jick
components.zip

Hello Jick,

I use build sp1_20071018.

I have created an example for you.

Can you see the problem?

Regards,
Slava
bug.vpp

Hello Jick,

I use build sp1_20071018.

I have created an example for you.

Can you see the problem?

Regards,
Slava
bug.vpp

Sorry, I cannot reply to your Email - I get my answers back.
I also cannot join to the session while i have mac os x.

Hello Slava,

Nevermind. Thank you for your attempt. I’ve captured a movie to show you how was I trying to repeat this problem but without success. Could you comment on my steps? I am afraid I have missed something important… Here is the movie:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200711/Jick/create-component.html

Slave, we really appreciate your help!

Best regards,
Jick

You are doing allright. I have two assumptions.

1. This problem can be Mac-Specific. I do not believe it.
  2. You can try to add more components to the Diagram and connect more as one component to each Interface.

Regards, Slava

Hello Slava,

Thank you for your confirmation. By the way, one point I do aware in your project is that your Interface has a “GenericConnector” connected to the Component, but is invisible. I suspect that it is the generic connector that causes the problem. We will do some testing in this direction, too.

Best regards,
Jick

connector.png