Cannot enter the VP UML5.0

I had downloaded the VP UML 5.0 enterprise and success to installed. When i run vp uml5.0, i cannot enter IDE, only show a log(Initial model…) information. How can i do? thank you.

Dear talen,

Thank you for your message. Could you mind tell me more details about the problem? What’s the build number of the software that you are using? If possible, could you mind send me the vp.log file to have a look? You can find the vp.log file inside the bin directory of the VP Suite. Please send the file to rain@visual-paradigm.com. Thanks in advance and I’m looking forward to hear your reply.

Best regards,
Rain

Visual Paradigm Suite 2.0 . I had downloaded today.It’s is lastest.I will send the vp.log to you. Thank you for your reply.

Other question, I use the Evaluation Product. Is it provide all function in limited time?

Dear talen,

Thanks for replying. For the evaluation license, yes, it is full featured in the limited time. The only constraints are there will have watermark when printing, generate documents, export diagrams into images and copy the diagram into clipboard as images. If you have any other question, please feel free to contact us again and I’m looking forward to receive your log file. Thanks!

Best regards,
Rain

Dear Rain,

Which difference between Visual Paradigm for UML and Smart Development Environment? Which production is for RTOS(vxworks .etc)?

Best regards,
Talen

Dear talen,

Thanks for replying and I’ve received your log file. Do you mind tell me what platform that you are using so that I can prepare a special build for you?

For the different between VP-UML and SDE, SDE is embedded inside the IDE (i.e. VS.NET, eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, NetBeans, Jbuilder, Jdeveloper, WebLogic Workshop). SDE provides the same look & feel also share the same VM with the IDE. It only takes one process when both IDE and SDE are launched. VP-UML IDE Integration is works in parallel with the IDE. The VP-UML and IDE are work in different process (different VM). The two applications communicate with each other to perform the code/model synchronization. The VP-UML will have similar look & feel to the IDE when performing the integration. One thing want to notices that VP-UML IDE Integration is not available to VS .NET.

For supporting RTOS, actually most of our products can do the job. We are aimed for providing the best usability. Both VP-UML and SDE provides greatest benefit in the design phrase of the system. Due to the limitation of the deployment environment at the embedded system, I think the sequence diagram could be extremely useful in this situation. Our enhanced sequence diagram helps you to model the dynamic behavior of the target system easily.

I’ve send you some some demonstration about our sequence diagram in private message. Please have a look.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain

Dear Rain,

Thanks for your reply & private message. I use VP in WinXP. I had sent a private message to you. 

Best regards,
Talen

Dear talen,

Thanks for replying. I’ve just send you a private message for diagnose the problem. Please check your private message box. Thanks!

Best regards,
Rain