Cannot put classes into a component

The first and second attachments are captured from the book UML 2.0 IN A NUTSHELL.
When we want to realize a component, some classes (or objects) should be put into a it.
In the VP-UML, a class cannot be put into a component, and “class” is not appeared in component panel.
BTW, an object (aka “instance specification”) is appeared there, but it cannot be put into a component.

Maybe you said that you can drag classes/objects and then drop them on a component.
But you can try to drag (move) the component to other place after you doing so, you will find that the classes/objects are not moved simultaneously.
It’s why I said that I cannot put them into a component.

The connector between a class and a port is called “delegation connector”.
A delegation connector is often stereotyped by <>.
It’s also not appeard in VP-UML.

component3.jpg

component1.jpg

Hi tinlans,

Thank you for your post. I will forward this to our engineers and post their reply here as soon as I can.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi tinlans,

Thank you for bringing this problem to our attention. We have fixed application now. Please download and try the patch at:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200803/Patch/sp1_20080311n/VP_Suite_Windows_3_2_sp1_20080311n.exe

To use the patch:

1. Exit any running instance of VP
  2. Install by overwriting the current installation
  3. Restart the product.

Note: This patch is made for VP Suite 3.2 SP1 (VP-UML 6.2 SP1). Please make sure you have a valid product license. Otherwise you won’t be able to start up the product after the installation.

If there is any inquiries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks a lot.
I have tested the new version.
Now I can put a class into a component for illustrating how to realize a component.

It still missed Delegation Connector for connecting a port and a class (or an object in composite structures diagram).
You can see them in attachment 1.
The direction of a delegation connector is important.
It’s depending on the port is bound to a required interface or a provieded interface.

DelegationConnector.png

Hi tinlans,

Thank you for replying. For the Delegation Connector in your image, you can follow the steps below to model it:

1. add association between the port and the class
  2. right-click on the association and select Open Specification in the popup menu
  3. in Association End From section, select “Unspecified” in the drop-down menu of Navigable

You can refer to the image I attached. I hope this can fit your need. If you need any inquiries, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

set_as_unspecified.png