Code genaration problems

Gents,

The fact that you did not hear from me does not mean that my life was that rosy. On the contrary, I am suffering the most miserable experiences in my life. Guess why …

Enclosed you will find a project that I use to generate C# code. You will find also a snapshot of error messages I get. Everything used to work fine a couple of days ago, before some changes in a project (nothing spectacular).

Miscellaneous.LookupCatalogue does exist in a model.

Help, please,
Tadeusz
untitled.bmp
ILSA misc.vpp

Hello Tadeusz,

How are you? We are checking this problem. We will come back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Tadeusz,

This problem is fixed. Please download the patch at:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200705/Patch/sp2_20070524c/vpplatform.jar

To install the patch:

1. Shutdown any running instances of VP
  2. Replace $vp-suite-install-dir/lib/vpplatform.jar with the downloaded jar file
  3. Run $vp-suite-install-dir/bin/VP Suite.exe to install the patch
  4. Restart the application

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Jick

Jick,

Thanks for fast reaction.

A generated project compiles, so it seems that it works. However, the generated namespace has a name LookupCatalogue_ , while the package in a model is LookupCatalogue (without underscore). Small thing, but with big implications (communication within a team, to our customer and partners, documentation, and the code we generate).

Can you fix it, please?

Cheers,
Tadeusz

Hello Tadeusz,

The problem is because in the application, the package is named as "LookupCatelogue ", which have a space at its end. During the generation process, all the spaces will be converted to underscore. Could you remove the space at the end?

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Tadeusz,

We just released the new build of VP Suite. It is now safe to run the product updater (inside ${vp-suite-install-dir}/bin) to advance to the latest release. Please feel free to let me know if there are any questions.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung