Components and classes in the same diagram

Hi,

Now with Java EE 5 entity beans are simple Pojos but stateless can still be seen as components with their remote or/and local interface.

If I want to represent on a diagram a relation between a stateless (a component) and some entities (classes) how do I do that ? I can’t use a component diagram because there are no classes and can’t use a class diagram because there’s no component. I don’t want to use a class for a stateless but rather a component because I can show their interfaces in a nice manner.

Does any body have an idea to combine components and classes in the same diagram ? I haven’t seen anything in the UML spec, I don’t know if it allows it or not.

Thanks,

Antonio

Hi agoncal,

It is possible to create components in class diagram. In fact, you can create any kinds of model in any diagram. I attached several screenshot to illustrate this to you.

Screen 1 - You can add the Component category to the palette inside a Class Diagram to make it able to use the models provided by Component Diagram

Screen 2 - You can use Generic Connector to connects your Class and Components

Screen 3 - You can even customize the connector to suit your need (colors, arrow heads, styles…)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Jick

Fantastic, I love this tool ;o)

Thanks,

Antonio