Create UML from code

I used to work with the UML plugin for NetBeans but in version 6.8 the plugin isn’t supported anymore. I really liked the way you could create a Class diagram from a selected Package, but I can’t find it anywhere in VP.
I have the community edition since I’m just a student that had to hand in a Class diagram with my program, so please could someone guide me in this process?

Thanks in advanced :wink:

Hi user,

The feature that you are looking for is called Instant Reverse. It is available in the Standard Edition. This is why you cannot see it in the Community Edition.

In the Standard Edition (or above), select Tools > Instant Reverse Java. Then, you can select specific folder (package) to be reversed.

By the way, do you know our Academic Partners Program? Educational institutions participating in this program will be entitled to course-based license(s) for the Standard Edition for free, provided that the software is solely used for teaching. I suggest that you recommend this program to your professor so that you can have a free license for your studies. More details about the program can be found at:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/partner/academic/index.jsp

Best regards,
Jick

That is really is a pity. Our school mostly works with free/open source applications thats why the combination of NetBeans-UML plugin was so good. Our school will probably work with NetBeans 6.7 until we find an other useful plugin for NetBeans of Eclipse.

Hi user,

Once your school have joined our partners program, you can use the Standard Edition for free.

Best regards,
Jick