Customization plugin

Hi,

Is it possible to hide existing- and add custom tabpanels from the Visual Paradigm suite? (VP-UML/Agilian/…)? With for example a plug-in?

We want to prevent users from using certain functionality and add some custom options on all levels that cannot be implemented with Stereotypes, Tagged values or Constraints.

Best regards,
Marqui

Hi Marqui,

Thanks for your post. May I know are you looking for hide existing tab or add customized tab in Specification dialog of element?
If yes, we are sorry that we do not support.

But would you mind to tell me which functionality you do not want users to use, and actually what options you want to add that cannot be implemented by stereotypes, etc.? Thanks!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian Wong

We have a very strict workflow. So we would like to hide the parts that do not fit that flow.
A small example: the checkboxes at the bottom of the ‘general’-tab. Eg: ‘Abstract’ , ‘leaf’, ‘Root’, …
But we also don’t want a ‘reference’ or ‘comment’- tab on every item, just on some key objects like on a ‘use case’, but not on associations.

On the other hand we would like to customize some parts. It would be nice if we could drill down to child-diagrams in a more intuitive and easy way. Or add checkboxes to indicate if we want that (sub)part to be published, or not …

Best regards,
Marqui

Hi Marqui,

Thanks for replying. We are considering to support the customization, but this involves customization that plugin cannot achieve. The User Interface customization can be a free service or charged with low price, depending on the scale of customization. We would like to have further discussion to understand your requirements, so we decide to forward this issue to our online ticket system.

Would you mind to tell me your email address (you can send to my private message) so I can create a ticket for you (an email will be sent to you)? Thank you.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong