DB-VA update database features

Hey guys,

I have an existent database that I reversed engineered with DB-VA in order to add more columns, indices and to generate DDL and other SQL scripts for maintenance. My question here is… when I go to Generate Database… -> Update Database, it successfully generate alter statements and everything else, but if I add indices to an existent table, the “update” script doesn’t contain them.

Any hints there? Also… is there any way you pretty print the output in DB-VA? since these scripts normally go to a subversion repository and I would like to have them nicely printed.

Thanks in advance,

Hi Mmanzo,

Thanks for your post. I’ve forwarded the issue to our engineers to follow-up. If there is any news on this issue, I’ll come back to you immediately.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thanks a lot Lilian, I’ll wait for an answer. I have several questions on DB-VA usage, I’m pretty sure I’ll become a regular in this forum but first let’s wait for an answer on that first one.

Great product by the way.

Hi MManzo,

I would like to let you know that we fixed the problem in generating index when update database, you can find the latest patch from the following link:
http://files2.visual-paradigm.com/200902/Patch/sp2_20090212h/VP_Suite_Linux_3_4_sp2_20090212h.sh

** Please note that during Update Database, we only support generating index for new columns in new table.

Hope this helps. If there is any further inquiry in please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,

I just tested the new version and yeah, it works on new columns perfectly. Obviously it will be perfect when existent columns are also detected to have new indices. But hey, at least we got one step further, thanks for the help, I will wait for new improvements on this :slight_smile:

Hi user,

Thanks for replying. We will consider support generate index on existing columns in the future. If there is any news on this issue, I’ll come back to you immediately.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Mmanzo,

I just sent you a private message about news on index generation in existing column, please have a check and feel free to contact me if there is any further inquiry.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong