Description of different specification tab

Hello,

I was not able to find a good explanation on different specifications tab.
Can you quickly give me the headline?

Thanks
specification headlines.bmp

Hi benoit,

Thank you for your post. Here are the descriptions of the specification tabs:

1. General - general properties such as name, documentation
  2. Assignments - one or more assignment expressions can be made for the objects. For activities (Task, Sub-Process, and Process), the assignment shall be performed as defined by the AssignTime attribute
  3. Categories - modelers may add one or more defined categories that can be used for some purposes, such as reporting and analysis
  4. Relations - the relations models (e.g. sequence flow, message flow) associated with this model
  5. References - allow add/edit/remove/open of artifacts (e.g. files, URLs) related to this model
  6. Comments - allow add/edit/remove/open of comments (e.g. reason for modifying a property at a certain time) related to this model

I hope these can help. If there are any inquiries, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,

I had the same question as the original poster. Would you be able to provide an example where Assignments are used? I am still unclear on how to make use of this tab.

Thanks,
-Ed

Hi rios,

Thanks for your post. For the example, you can refer to section 11.15 in “Business Process Modeling Notation Specification” (OMG Final Adopted Specification, 2006-02-01). You can also get more details about Assignment in the specification.

The specification can be downloaded in http://www.bpmn.org/Documents/OMG%20Final%20Adopted%20BPMN%201-0%20Spec%2006-02-01.pdf

I hope these can help. If there are any inquiries, please feel free to contact me again.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong