Duplicate names forever... imposible to generate ORM code

Hi VP, first of all I must say your product is fantastic! But I found a bug in your last DB-VA v4.1 sp1 build 20071012.

Exactly follow this steps to reproduce:

• Open DB-VA and then create a class diagram (in the “test” package)
  • Insert an ORM-Persistable Class named “Parent”, then define it as Abstract
  • Create 2 more ORM classes, using generalization of the first “Parent” class. Name them “Child1” and “Child2”.

Ok, then set the ORM inheritance strategy to “Table per subclass” to “Parent”, “Child1” and “Child2” and then synchronize to ERD. Three tables are created, great so far!

Then, TRY to generate ORM code trough the Wizard, and selecting “Generate Code and Database from ERD” (PHP, Java or NET, it does not matter).

Press “Next” and… WTF!? FIVE tables are identified, the original three and two more… duplicates of “Child1” and “Child2”… so, when you try to finish the process it fails with:
“Child1’s class name must not duplicate with other class’s name (case in-sensitive). Please try to rename it” :cry:

BTW, this does not happen if you select “Generate Code and Database from Class Diagram” :roll:

Happy fixing :stuck_out_tongue:

HI distansia,

Thank you for your post. We are able to reproduce the problem. Will fix it as soon as possible and send you a patch afterwards.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi distansia,

The bug has been fixed. Please download at:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200710/Patch/sp1_20071012j/VP_Suite_Windows_3_1_sp1_20071012j.exe

Please run it and overwrite the existing installation.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Jick

HI distansiam

I would like to let you know we have released a newer build recently and it is recommend for you to upgrade to this build. Please download and install the new build at the following link. If you need any help, please do not hesitate to contact me.

http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200710/Patch/sp1_20071101d/VP_Suite_Windows_3_1_sp1_20071101d.exe

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick, sorry for being too late. I went offline for some days.

Anyway, I want to say that your support is FANTASTIC! I’ve been in the computer industry for some years and NEVER had such a fast response. A patch delivered some hours later!! Good work!!

[quote=Jick]Hi distansia,

The bug has been fixed. Please download at:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200710/Patch/sp1_20071012j/VP_Suite_Windows_3_1_sp1_20071012j.exe

Please run it and overwrite the existing installation.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Jick[/quote]

Anyway, I have been collecting some small (but annoying) bugs that I will post here later. Not very important, but time consuming in the VS Ide fixing them.

Many thanks, I will post now a new question in a different post.

Hello distansia,

You are welcome. We are glad that you are pleased with our services :smiley: :smiley:

Please feel free to post your findings in this forum. We will, as always, solve them as soon as we can.

Best regards,
Jick