Eclipse 3.1 + SDE 2, 2.1 EA context menus not working properly

Eclipse 3.1
SDE 2 or 2.1
JSE 6b56 (and earlier versions)

No context menus in SDE are working properly. For example, right clicking on an object and selecting “Open Specification” does nothing. I can see all of the menus but selecting an item does nothing.

Dear no,

Thank you for your message. We have tested the VP Suite 2.0 & 2.1 (SDE 3.0 & 3.1) on Eclipse 3.1 with JDK 1.5 and didn’t found any problem. Could you mind tell me more details about your working environment, such as OS version and the detail JDK version? And if possible, could you mind send me the vp.log file to have a look? Please send it to rain@visual-paradigm.com. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Rain

Sorry, it’s SDE 3 or 3.1 for Eclipse. I use Sun JSE 6 now instead of JSE 5 but if I have a chance I will try it on 5 to see if that’s the cause. Where is the VP log? I haven’t found it.

Dear no,

Thanks for replying. You can find the vp.log file inside the eclipse installation directory. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Rain

Same problem on:
Windows XP SP2
JSE 6b61
Eclipse 3.1

[ Wed Nov 30 00:54:52 EST 2005]: Start Smart Development Environment Professional Edition for Eclipse [SDE PE-EC]: 3.1 (20051111)
cannot call load_setCodeSignature(…) here
Imcompitable java project for eclipse: NULL
Class DiagramOptionsPane.initUI - before create option combo box
Class DiagramOptionsPane.initUI - after create option combo box
Class DiagramOptionsPane.initUI - before create option combo box
Class DiagramOptionsPane.initUI - after create option combo box
Imcompitable java project for eclipse: NULL
<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>
<< miss persistance code model, but ignore to prepare codemodel from uml model >>

Dear no,

Thanks for replying. Could you please try to run the application on JSE 5? We cannot guarantee it work well JSE 6 since it still in Early Access release. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me again.

Best regards,
Rain

Same thing happens with JSE 5.

PS I know JSE 6 is in beta but I do run all java software on it everything seems to work fine. SDE in Netbeans under 6 doesn’t work well. There’s a huge cpu issue there. VP undert JSE 6 appears to be ok but I my trials have mostly been concentrated on SDE.

[quote=Rain]Dear no,

Thanks for replying. Could you please try to run the application on JSE 5? We cannot guarantee it work well JSE 6 since it still in Early Access release. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me again.

Best regards,
Rain[/quote]

Dear no,

I would like to hold an online meeting to diagnose your problem. Would you mind tell me when you will available to have an meeting? You can contact me by email to rain@visual-paradigm.com. Thanks!

p.s. Please also tell me your time zone.

Best regards,
Rain

Have the same Problem with Eclipse 3.2RC2, JSE6 and the SDE 3.1 demo version

Thanks for your message. Since Eclipse 3.2 and JSE6 are only in early access version (not formal release), we cannot ensure the SDE runs on this platform without any problem. Please run the SDE for Eclipse on Eclipse 3.0/3.1 with JSE5. If you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain