Ejb3.0?

I see that there is no support for EJB3.0 code generation, or I’m wrong?

No reply yet? I think this question is very interesting, even more if related to OR mapping modules in VP software.

Hello cnbs,

The EJB 3 supported is planned to be available in the SP1 or SP2 of VP Suite 3.0 (will be one or two months later). I’ll keep you posted on any news about this issue.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi - has EJB 3.0 support been included now for generated classes ? I would like to know if I can use SDE to create EJB 3.0 stateless session beans for web services.

Thanks

Richard Livingstone
richard [dot] livingstone [at] mobyscore [dot] com

Hi Richard,

I regret that EJB 3.0 support has not yet been included yet. I will post again, probably by replying this post, when it is ready.

Best regards,
Jick

hi sde team,

what is the status for EJB3 sterotypes?

Is it really planned for a release?

many thanks

-lp

Hi user,

Thanks for your post. We are working on a new code engine that supports EJB 3.0. I will post here when the new engine is ready.

Best regards,
Jick

hi,
ejb is a component of j2ee

keshab

[quote=keshab]hi,
ejb is a component of j2ee

keshab[/quote]

[quote=Jick]Hello cnbs,

The EJB 3 supported is planned to be available in the SP1 or SP2 of VP Suite 3.0 (will be one or two months later). I’ll keep you posted on any news about this issue.

Best regards,
Jick[/quote]

Any news on EJB 3.0 support? I have VP UML 6.1.

Hi pbaker01,

We already support EJB 3.0 through generating code by Java Round-Trip (Tools > Java Round-Trip). Please have a try. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,
Jick

I would like to know if ejb3 is supported yet. Jick promised to announce here when it was. That was 2 years ago and now we have VP suite 3.1. Has it been included or not?

Hi user,

EJB 3.0 has been supported. If you are running SDE or any other kinds of integration, code can be generated with round-trip. If you are running VP-UML or other standalone product, you can generate EJB through “Java-Round-Trip” - Select Tools > Java Round-Trip from main menu.

Best regards,
Jick

In the ORM Diagram there is Hibernate support mentioned.
Is this a generic JPA support?

• Is it possible to generate ejb3/jpa entities with it?
  • Is it possible to create DAOs automatically for these persistence objects (using @Resource EntityManager).

[quote=Jick]Hi user,

Thanks for your post. We are working on a new code engine that supports EJB 3.0. I will post here when the new engine is ready aa.

Best regards,
Jick[/quote]

Hi Jick,

In the ORM Diagram there is Hibernate support mentioned.

• Is it possible to create DAOs automatically for these persistence objects (using @Resource EntityManager).
  • Can session beans be generated in the facade pattern?

Please post examples.

Oh yes, please bring support for this FEATURE on the road!
I am also interested in having native JPA (EJB3) support (using VP UML 6.1)

I would even pay for an upgrade if that feature would be fully supported! No Hibernate annotation mixup… PLAIN JPA annotations!

Regards,
MW

Dear users,

Thanks for your posts.

I am also interested in having native JPA (EJB3) support (using VP UML 6.1)
In fact, you can draw EJB classes on Class Diagram, assign “ORM Persistent” as stereotype of the classes and synchronize them to ERD. After that, generate the code by Java round-trip engineering (available in VP-UML/SDE Professional Edition) will get standard JPA annotations.

• VP-UML 6.1 may not support generate JPA annotation on Java round-trip engineering. I suggest you download the evaluation version of latest VP-UML from the Download site in our website ( Download Visual Paradigm. Try it FREE ) so that you can try out the feature.
  • Can session beans be generated in the facade pattern?
    We are sorry that we do not support DAOs and facade pattern generation, we only support basic EJB generation at the moment.

If there is any further inquiry, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong