Error starting SDE-VS!

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed SDE-VS community edition for Visual Studio 2005 on my computer. I got “Error starting SDE-VS!” when trying to launch VP SDE. I have attached error log file and process log. Please help!
hs_err_pid5492.log
vp.log

Hi Seanl,

Thanks for replying. It seems the problem relates to ATI driver, could you please update your ATI driver and see if the error message shows again?

If update driver does not solve the problem, could you please follow the steps below?

1. download latest Java 1.6 from http://java.sun.com/ and install it (if you have Java 1.6 installed in your system, please skip this step)
  2. shutdown Visual Studio
  3. download the “run.txt” attached below and place in into %VP_installation_directory%/visualstudio_xxxx folder (where xxxx stands for the version of Visual Studio)
  4. edit the file and change the path of Java to installed Java 1.6 (e.g. C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_17\jre\bin\java")
  5. replace {0} with correct path (e.g. C:\Program Files\VP Suite 4.1\visualstudio_2005)
    Even if you cannot find some of the .jar files in the path, please also replace the {0} with the path as same as others.
  6. start Visual Studio, right-click on the Visual Studio project and select Open SDE-VS in popup menu

I look forward to hearing your response.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong
run.txt