Example Project that is capable of generating code

Do you have a sample Agilian project that is fully documented enough to have a large amount of code be generated from it (class diagrams, ERD/ORM, etc…)?

I’m having trouble understanding how my design work in Visual Paradigm will actually generate usable code, and a sample project where this can happen would really help me out! Even if it’s a simple project like a Tic Tac Toe game or a Piggy Bank or something small.

Thanks for your help,

Dave Morris

Hi Dave Morris,

Thanks for your post. Agilian does not support code generation (actually no code engineering is available in Agilian), you need to use VP-UML/SDE Standard Edition or above.

FYI, you can use Instant Generator (supported in Standard Edition or above) for code generation, details can be found from the following link:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/vpuml/demos/generatecode/

If you are using Java, you can use Java round-trip engineering (supported in Professional Edition or above). If you are using .NET and Visual Studio, you can consider SDE Professional Edition for Visual Studio (SDE PE-VS), which supported .NET round-trip engineering.

Please feel free to ask if you need any more information.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Okay, I understand that Agilian doesn’t specifically generate code, but I would still like to see an example project that I can load into the professional product, just so I can fully understand if and how it works.

I have a hard time believing that a Visual Paradigm project file can store all of the logic required to generate code for an entire project, and an example would really help clear things up in my head.

Thanks for your help,

Hi Dave Morris,

Thanks for replying.

I have a hard time believing that a Visual Paradigm project file can store all of the logic required to generate code for an entire project
We are sorry that we do not generate logic in code.

If you still need to a sample, please find a sample project attached and the Java code generated from Instant Generator. Hope you find them helpful.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong
instantgenerator_sample.vpp
code_output.zip