Explicit links between parent process and inner tasks

Hello,
I am able to link subprocesses via flows, to link tasks between subprocesses via Link Intermediate, but I am looking for a way to more explictly pass control to tasks inside subprocesses.

Is there any means to explicitly pass control to subprocess (BPMI spec, Fig. 91 - see attached) ? How to create a graphical representation of a flow that comes to an intermediate event, and then “goes into” a subprocess ?

Best Regards,
Michal

subprocess_flow_control.JPG

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your post. We’re sorry that we do not support connecting intermediate event on sub-process edge with element in sub-process diagram preview, but we will study the possibility to support this.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Michal,

After checking with our engineers, actually you can connector the intermediate event with the shape on expanded sub-process, provided that it’s the Embedded Sub-Process. Previously there is problem on connecting shapes on BPD and that within expanded sub-process, but this is fixed already.

Please update to latest patch (sp1_20100317za or later) so you can get the bug fix first. More details about updating to latest patch can be found from:

If your sub-process is not an Embedded Sub-Process, please right-click on the sub-process and select Type > Embedded Sub-Process. Then you can select the Sequence Flow/Message Flow to connect the shapes on BPD and expanded sub-process. Feel free to ask if there is any inquiry.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,
Thanks for checking this out.
What BP-VA release are you referring to ?
Best regards,
Michal

Hello Michal,

We are talking about BP-VA version 3.2, the latest release is sp2_20100416. Feel free to contact me if you require any further information.

Best regards,
Rain Wong