Global setting for package name placement

Hi,

I know it’s possible to specify per diagram or per package shape whether the package’s name should be placed on the tab or below inside the shape. I haven’t found a global setting for this yet, so I if I want to have the package name in the tab by default, I have to change this for every diagram.

Is there an easier way? If not, I suppose the option should be added, probably somewhere under Options/Diagramming.

Stefan

Hello Stefan,

Currently we do not have default option for this. We will consider to support this and I’ll let you know once it was implemented.

Best regards,
Rain

Dear Rain,

Meanwhile I read in an UML book that the name should go on the tab if the package symbol contains something. On the other hand, if there’s no content drawn the package name should go inside the shape. So if you just conform to UML 2, no specification by the user is needed. :slight_smile:

Stefan

Hi sschwarzer,

You can set via the presentation option.

Right click on a package and select Presentation Options > Name Display Option > Within Package Body/Tab from the popup menu.

You can also set via the presentation option of diagram. Just change to right click on the diagram and set under the Presentation Options menu.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Jick,

Nice to read you. :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s what I wrote in my original mail. :slight_smile: My question was if there was a “global” option for the package name placement, so I don’t need to make the setting for every diagram.

Best regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I see… Let me ask our developers to support it. I believe that this will be available in the next version. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Stefan,

Your request has been supported. Please update to the latest patch release to obtain the change. I have captured an image showing you where you can find and alter this option. For instruction about update, please read:

Hope you like it. Should you have any questions/suggestions, please feel free to post again.

Best regards,
Jick

Dear Jick,

Thank you for the quick update! As far as I can tell, everything works as expected (it seems you forgot the screenshot, but I found the option myself). :slight_smile:

A small glitch though: In the global option dialog, it reads “Within Package Bo…” (literally, including the dots). This doesn’t change even if I increase the width of the options window (anyway the text would have had enough room to show wholly even before resizing the window).

Stefan