Handling requirements- documentation? tutorial? how to use requirement diagram?

i love the text capture tool but i am having to make some big guesses about how it is used. And the requirements diagram. this one is not described in my UML books. looks like a nice idea. but how do i use it? the HELP has nothing on it, and there does not seem to be anytning online at your site

Did you know that there is a book about VP, which explains VP ?

Curtis HK Tsang, Clarence SW Lau, Ying K Leung: Object-Oriented Technology: From Diagram to Code with Visual Paradigm for UML

Of course it describes the all aspects of VP.
In each chapter, after theory, there is a sub-chapter “… with VP-UML”.

Chapter 3
"Use Case Modelling and Analysis"
Sub-Chapter
"Use Case Modelling and Analysis with VP-UML"
Page 113-147

with many screenshots and help, in this case about the requirements, the VP textual requirements editor, and how to get UML diagrams out if textual descriptions.

In fact, it is NOT about this special “diagram”.
So the authors did not need it?!
Maybe this diagram is one of those “proprietary UML extentions” ?

There are 13 UML 2.0 diagrams and elements, including:

Structural Diagrams:
• Class
• Object
• Composite
• Package
• Component
• Deployment

Behavioral Diagrams:
• Use Case
• Communication
• Sequence
• Interaction Overview
• Activity
• State
• Timing

, says a competitor.

So the requirements diagram ( like the robustness diagram of a competitive tool, which is unfortunately missing with VP ), is a proprietary extension of UML.

Nevertheless, good question !

Sincerely
Rolf

Jeff,
Please visit following pages about Textual Analysis and Requirement Diagrams:

Textual Analysis: http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/vpuml/tutorials/analysis.jsp#textualanalysis

Requirement Diagram:
http://resource.visual-paradigm.com/vpsuite2.3/requirement_diagram.html

Best regards,
Angus

[quote=Rolf]1)
So the requirements diagram ( like the robustness diagram of a competitive tool, which is unfortunately missing with VP ), is a proprietary extension of UML.

Rolf[/quote]

Robustness diagrams a merely class diagrams where classes have specific Stereotypes.
You can create a Robustness diagram in VP-UML by creating classes in a Class Diagram and using the “entity”, “control” and “boundary” stereotypes. Of course it will be up to you to make sure semantic rules are respected (i.e. boundary talk to control, control talk to entity).

Hope this help.

zart.