Help creating flowchart

I’m using community edition of VP-UML. I’d like to create a flow chart. Where is any documentation related to doing this?

Right now, I’m using Activity Diagram for flowcharting.

Thanks,
Brett

I would like to some how display a loop between an action and an activity. How can that be done?

Also, I’m using an action as a method and an activity as an event. How else should that be done?

Thanks,
Brett

Besides using Activity Diagram, you can also use the Business Workflow Diagram to represent the flow. The Business Workflow Diagram is a generic diagram which contains common business workflow shapes for you to represent to flow logic.

To demonstrate the loop between an action and an activity, I suggest you can create a sub-activity diagram under the action. The conditional checking placed at the action level. So when the action was triggered, the sub-activity diagram will be executed. Once the execution was finished, and then it will return to the action level and check the condition for re-enter or exit the loop.

The attached illustrate the activity diagram and the execution, although it is not demonstrating the loop statement, but it might helpful for you.
LowLevelModeling.png