Help not accessible from VS.NET menu

When I click on the Help>SDE-VS Help Contents… menu option, nothing happens. I installed the Professional version of SDE for VS.NET, and selected to download the help file on install. :frowning:

What directory does SDE expect the help file(s) to be in? Is is possible to download the help file separately and copy it to that directory manually? :?

Dear Patrick,

The reasons of missing Help probably caused by you haven’t selected the Download Online Help during install. I’ve send you the direct link and instructions for download the Help file. Please check your private message. Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Rain

I did not specify the Download Online Help during installation. But I have manually downloaded the HTML help files from the VP website. Where should I put these help files so that I can access it from Help->SDE-VS Help Contents… ?

Dear miyap,

Thank you for your message. I’ve send you the direct link and instructions for download the Help file. Please check your private message. Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Rain

This was a timely message as I also had no help. It seems the only way to get help if not initially installed is to uninstall and reinstall SDE for VS. That worked but it sure seems like a waste of my time.

I suggest you look into a different way to add help to the system. Why couldn’t it be something the updater adds?

Dear GregBenson,

Thank you for your message. Actually this is what we are working for now. We are investigating some other ways for updating the software & add-ins after installation. I’ll let you know once there is any news on this issue. If there are any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain