Hibernate cascade parameter && clear() method

Hello,

• When I want to delete an object that contains an not empty collection, I have to delete each object of the collection before to delete the object.

I want to use hibernate cascade parameter in xml mapping files to value “all” or “all-delete-orphan” to make children be deleted in cascade, but it is overwritten each time I regenerate the code and the database.

Is it possible to set the “cascade” parameter in DBVA (or DBVA-EC)?

• I try to use the clear() method to clear a collection but it seems not implemented yet because it cleans the collection in memory, but changes are not applied in the database.

Best regards,

Antoine

Dear Antoine,

Thank you for your email and we are sorry for our late response. When defining the association as composition in the class diagram, then the collection will be cascade deleted. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

FYI: DB-VA 2.0 has just released. There are many new features and enhancements in the 2.0 version. For more information, please visit http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/dbva/

Best regards,
Rain

Thank you for the information.

I tried to define a composition on an existing association, but the program hangs up when I generate the code and the database.

My build number is 20050422g. I tried to update VP Suite Update (my version is 1.1) but that updates DBVA-EC in version 2.

Antoine
vp.log

Dear Antoine,

The update module of VP Suite 1.1 and 2.0 are not compatible. Please update your software by re-installing it. We are sorry for any inconvenience this problem caused you. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain