Hide complete epics

Hi!

When right clicking in the story map (browser) there is a menu popping up with a checkbox: “Hide complete epics”. If I check this box nothing seems to happen. I have as I would say, complete epics, i.e. epics with all their user stories set to finished. A small info (e.g. 3/3) also suggests that all belonging user stories seem to be finished. I can however also see, that all my epics have a small icon “WIP”, which I suppose means “work in progress”, right? But I cannot see, how I can change that, there is no option when editing the epic itself, to change this.
I have searched the forum and the net to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,
Steve

Starting Point, an epic with stories in the “Confirming” state:

Set every story underneath the epic to “Finished” state:

Confirm Epic is now labeled as “DONE”

Hi.
I think I found the solution, still it looks like a bug to me.
We have always added user stories by clicking the plus icon in the user story area but not via the epics. Still these user stories seem to belong to the epic otherwise I would not see the numbers there. But only if I add user stories in the epic and mark those as finished, the epic is labeled as DONE.

Thanks for the help so far!

Steve

Hi Steve,

The problem on unable to Hide Complete Epic on Story Map had been fixed. May I know you are using VP Online as your repository? or using on-premises server as your repository? Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Hi.
Sounds good. We are using an on-premises server.

Regards,
Steve

Hi Steve,

For on-premises server this enhancement is already available in latest update. Please login to your customer service center account ( https://cs.visual-paradigm.com ) to download the new webapp package of VP Server, then follow the article below about how to update your server to new build. The hide completed epic option will available after the update is done. Feel free to contact me for any questions and look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Hi.
We have installed the new server. And it might work for future epics (which I have had no time to test) but what shall we do with all the epics, which stay in WIP mode? How do we close them now? I thought, that with the update, all complete epics are now transfered to DONE state?
Or am I missing something?

Regards,
Steve

Hi again.

Is there any solution to this issue? On how to get WIP user stories to DONE state for stories finished before that bugfix?

Regards,
Steve

Hi,

Sorry for the problem, we’ll working on patch for existing epics.

Hi SteveBWS,

Our engineers had had deployed a new build of VP Server (v15.2) which fixed the problem on the WIP user stories you experienced. Please update your server with the patch below to get the problem solved. Feel free to contact me for any help and wish you have a good day!

https://files2.visual-paradigm.com/index.php/s/9crEWfds6OIbgEQ

Best regards,
Rain Wong

1 Like