How can i hide connector names?

Hi, using a deployment diagram to lay out the components and connections to various elements, i find my diagram covered with hundreds of connector names. Im using ‘realisation->interface’ stereotype (the ball and socket shapes interface ports). How can i hide these connector names? Ive tried setting the name to ‘’ but it wont let you…

thanks! :x

Hi Lukebunnett,

Thanks for your post. I’ve forwarded the issue to our engineers to follow-up, and I’ll come back to you once there is any feedback.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lukebunnett,

I would like to clarify with you that you want to hide/show the names of Realization (between components and interfaces), or you actually want to have nameless connectors?

And what do you mean by “Ive tried setting the name to ‘’ but it wont let you”? Did you delete the Name in Specification dialog of Realization but it does not allow when click OK button?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi,

Basically i want nameless connectors. Ive tried deleting the name but failed.
If you have a lot of connectors you end up being swamped by the name tags and makes the diagram difficult to read.

thanks!

Hi Lukebunnett,

Thanks for replying. Would you mind to attach your project file so we can have a check to the delete name problem? Thanks in advance!

BTW, as you said “being swamped by the name tags and makes the diagram difficult to read”, it sounds that you want to HIDE the names of connector for easily read the the diagram, then show the names again after reading. Maybe I misunderstood. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Yes that’s correct, i would like to hide the component name tags for ease of reading, either permanently or temporarily - the ones that are floating and move around with the interfaces when you move them ‘component 27’ , etc. Unfortunately i cannot attach any of the project files as the content is commercially sensitive. i will try and attach an example…

thanks very much!

Luke
temp.vpp

Hi Luke,

Thanks for replying. I’ve forwarded the details to our engineers to follow-up, and I’ll notify you once there is any news of this issue.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Luke,

Sorry for my late response. We will support hide interface’s name in VP-UML 7.1 (expected to be available in September). When it’s done, I’ll send you the beta before the formal release for testing.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong