How to synchronise automatically from team Server

Hi,

i would like to know if it is possible and how we can synchronise from TeamWorkServer with line command with the purpose of automating HTML project publication.

On a server we have installed Agilian
We can automatically generate HTML publishing

But we missing the step on how get the latest version from the server (the same machine).

Thanks for any answers.

Arnaud.

Happy New Year !

Hi Arnaud,

Sorry for my late response. We are sorry that updating project from Teamwork Server via command line is not supported.
We can consider to support it but there are issues to be concerned. A simple one is that if there are conflicts upon checking update of the project, how can we determine to overwrite or revert the conflicts? Conflicts resolution requires decision making from a real person.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

But if we only want to get he latest version (or a specific version, but it seems less usefull).

Thanks

Arnaud.

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for replying. We understand that you only want to update the project to latest revision, but there still exists the possibility of conflicts.
E.g. in your local project, a use case is red but the latest revision in server is green, there show conflict when checking update, and this requires decision from user.

And it’s possible that there are many conflicts upon checking, some you would like to overwrite while some you would like to revert. How can we determine you need to overwrite or revert the conflicts?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

The purpose is only to generate HTML documentation to be published on a site.

We don’t care the older version, only the “get latest” will have any interest for use. We can delete the previous version after having generated it in HTML format (hope it is clear).

Thanks

Arnaud.

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for the clarification. I’ve fire a feature request to our engineers to consider. If there is any news on this issue, I’ll come back to you immediately.

If you need any help, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thanks a lot !

Arnaud

Hi Arnaud,

You are welcome. Our development team plans to support this in VP Suite 3.5, and I’ll notify you if there is any further news on this feature.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong