HTML publishing encoding

Hi,

we have some trouble while publishing our project to HTML. As we write in French we have some characters like “é”, “à”, “ç” …

And the do not appear correctly in the auto-generated HTML.

How can we do to have them correctly.

Thanks

Arnaud.

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for your post. Please try to select Western European for encoding (see attached image) when generating the HTML report and see if it works?

If the problem still exists, would you mind sending your project file for investigation? Thanks in advance!
*If you do not want your project to be accessed by public, please send to lilian@visual-paradigm.com

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

encoding_western_european.png

We Use the Project Publishing Menu Item. Are the options the same ?

And we are yet in Western-European encoding.

May we test with UTF-8 ?

Arnaud.

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for replying and I’m sorry for my misunderstanding. Project Publisher does not have options for encoding as it will be able to generate French content.

And I still cannot repeat the problem with Project publisher, you can see the output I got from the attached image (I tested with Agilian 1.4 build 20081026). Would you mind sending me the project file and vp.log file to reproduce the problem? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

published_french.png

Well,

i don’t see the bug anymore. May be it was on our Web Site configuration.

Sorry.

If i found again this trouble i will send you the file.

Greetings

Arnaud.

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for replying and I’m glad to hear that your problem is resolved. If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi,

I just detect again this issue : On Use Case Name there is bad endoding :
“Récupérer les informations de” for “Récupérer les informations de”.

For the instant this is the only place where i can see this bad encoding.

Thanks

Arnaud

Now i can see it on Task Name in BPMN Diagram.

Hi Arnaud ,

So you mean the name of Use Case cannot show French but the name of Task can?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

No, i have the same trouble on this two titles.

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for the clarification. Would you mind sending me the project file and vp.log file (inside VPSuite/bin folder) to my colleague Rain’s mail box ( rain@visual-paradigm.com ) for reproducing the problem? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

i have to make an extract of the project (currently 8 Mo).

Arnaud.

Hi Arnaud,

No problem, we’ll wait for your project file and the vp.log file. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

A file has been sent, but with no vp.lo. Do you still need it ?

Arnaud.

Hello Arnaud,

I just checked your file and the result is absolutely fine. In fact, even your test publish result also look good on my system. Would it be there are some problem in the encoding setting on your browser?

Best regards,
Rain

My Browser is in UTF-8

Which encoding must be used ?

Arnaud

I was using Westen ISO-8859-1

Rain

Well,

nothing change for me. What i don’t understand is that text documentation display well but title text doesn’t.

I send you a screen capture.

thanks,

Arnaud.

According to Rain i right click on the window where information are displayed and set enconding to UTF8 and it works.

The trouble seems only be present with IE and not with Firefox.

Thanks again.

Arnaud.