In the mission to keep everything tidy I would like to keep several versions (v1,v2,v3) ERD diagrams within one project so I can flip between them at will.
I’m aware of the Master and Auxiliary and the role it plays. I think I understand it can be avoided by copying and using the Paste Model Element feature
However doing so places a number at the end of my Entity titles so Genre becomes Genre2 for example
Steps followed thus far
- Created first ERD Diagram
- Opened a new Diagram using Diagram>>New
- Went to first ERD Diagram used Select All and Copy
- Went to new Diagram and used Paste Model Elements
- Renamed Genre2 back to Genre. Error Renaming this shape will make it a auxiliary view of existing Entity with same name"
Thus im put back into the Master/Auxiliary scenario I am trying to avoid
I saw also the idea that Elements of the same name can’t existing in either root or in a Model. Creating a new model and creating a diagram under this also gives the same results.
Would be nice if there was a simple on/off button for Master-Auxiliary setting. I hate to think the tool is too advanced for my simple requirements.