Install works fine, but startup hangs... osx v6.0

hi,

just wondering if i could get some help… I have downloaded and installed the CE with the key… everything works fine.

When I try to startup run_vpuml.jar it just hangs on the splash screen. I am run osx 10.39…

I have read through the forum and noticed that others have had similar problems, so i have attached my log file. If some could take a quick look it would be great.

thanks ./lach
vp.log

Hello lach,

Thank you for your post. We will fix the problem and get back to you. If possible, you can upgrade your JDK to version 1.5. This will solve the problem.

Best regards,
Jick

hi Jick,

thanks for getting back to me… I have just tried updating to jdk 1.5, but i can’t until I first update to osx 10.4+

so I guess i will have to do that first.

Thanks again ./lach

ps I have been using you product for a little while on another machine and i think it is great. cheers…

Hello lach,

Thanks for the feedback. We hope to have the problem fixed within a day. We will come back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello lach,

I am glad to inform you that startup problem is fixed. Please download the patch at:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200705/Patch/sp2_20070511n/vpplatform.jar

To install the patch:

1. Shutdown any running instances of VP
  2. Replace $vp-suite-install-dir/lib/vpplatform.jar with the downloaded jar file
  3. Run $vp-suite-install-dir/bin/VP Suite to install the patch
  4. Restart the application

Note:

1. Please do not run Product Update after applying the patch. Otherwise the update will replace the patch with the previous version (I will inform you to run the update when the next release is ready)

Please let me know if it works.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Jick,

well thanks so much for that… the patch works perfect…

cheers ./lach

Hi lach,

Thanks for letting me know about this.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello lach,

How are you? I would like to notify you that a newer release of VP Suite is ready. It is now safe to run the product updater to advance to the latest release. In fact, you are suggested to do so because you are using a patch. Please feel free to let me know if there are any questions.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung