Installation problems

Hi user,

Thanks for your post. Could you please capture the screenshot of the message when you click [?] beside Invalid Path (as show as attached image)? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

click_question_mark_beside_Invalid_Path.png

I have also the same problem with NetBeans 6.7.1 I have Visual Paradigm Suite 4.0 and I get the “Invalid Path” error

scrnshot.jpg

Hi user,

Thanks for your post. Could you please try to download latest VP Suite 4.0 SP1 from our website ( http://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/ ) and try install on NetBeans 6.7.1 again?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi I’ve got the same problem using VP_Suite_Windows_4_1_sp1_20091127.exe and Netbeans IDE 6.7.1

Hi user,

Thanks for your post. Would you mind to capture the screenshot of the message when you click [?] beside Invalid Path (as show as attached image)? It’ll be great if your screenshot also shows the NetBeans path you specified. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

click_question_mark_beside_Invalid_Path.png

Hey there! I have installed vp suite comunity and all was ok, working normaly, but today i needed to generate some code from a diagram, and it wasnt possible with comunity version, so i went to your website and downloaded again to install the professional version with a new key, well i think i screwed up, because now my .vpp files dont open directly from my finder(i’m using mac osX snow leopard),
and i dont know what happened, because if i open vp uml it open with my file loaded, all ok, but when i try to open .vpp file and it asks me what app i want to open with, but i cant even choose vp uml, dont understand why… hope you understand, thank you very much, Wilson Mendes

Hi Wilson Mendes,

Thanks for your post. Would you mind to tell me whether you uninstall VP Suite to uninstalled VP Suite (to remove Community Edition) before install Professional Edition, or you run “Product Edition Manager” to change the edition?

If you uninstalled VP Suite then install Professional Edition, may I know whether you removed the installation directory before re-install?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

i didnt removed anything =/ i just reinstalled has i said in my last post, i had installed comunity, but i couldnt find where i could put the trial version of professional, so i installed it again without removing =/ it works fine, the only problem is when i double click a vpp file it doesnt open in vp, there is no association done between osx and vp, and i cant do it handheld =/ Thannk You for you answer! :slight_smile: []

Hi Wilson Mendes,

Thanks for replying and I’ve passed this issue to our engineers to follow-up. I’ll let you know if there is any news on this issue.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

please contact me to masteranvbis@hotmail.com when you have an answer, thank you very much, Wilson Mendes

Hi Wilson Mendes,

We tested on Mac OS X and we cannot repeat your problem.

But may I know whether you have checked the options “Visual Paradigm Project (*.vpp)” during installation (see attached image)? If not, it will not create file association and you will not be able to launch VP via project file.

By the way, please be reminded that only installer can create file associations. If you are using No-Install version, there will not be file association.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

check_options.png

[quote=LilianWong]Hi user,

Thanks for your post. Your installer should be corrupted, please download the software installer from the following link and try again.

http://www.visual-paradigm.com/downloads/vpsuite/VP_Suite_Windows.exe

Best regards,
Lilian Wong[/quote]

I’m getting the same problem as well.

I am attempting to install Visual Paradigm 4.1 on Windows 7, and get the above error. Please see the attached screenshot. I also, tried re-downloading from the link you provided, and still get the same error.

Please help!

VPSuiteInstallErrorCapture.JPG

Hi user,

Thanks for your post. If the message shows that one of the file cannot be created, it’s most likely that your software installer is corrupted.

As we just released VP Suite 4.2, please try to download latest installer from our website ( http://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/ ) again and try install it again. Please let me know if you have any other inquiry.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi.

I’m trying to install VPSuite but whe I select SDE and DBVA options for VS2008 and NetBeans I get the error from the image attached, how I can bypass this error?

Thanks

VP-Error.JPG

Hi ValhallaWarrior,

Thanks for your post and the image. I’m sorry that SDE and DB-VA cannot be installed on same IDE - they will have conflicts and eventually both products will not work.
If you are going to evaluate them only, I recommend you install SDE, which Professional/Enterprise Edition covers all features of DB-VA. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is any further inquiry.

If you need a features comparison between SDE and DB-VA, please visit the following link (you can switch to other edition for comparison:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/vpsuite/selectivecompare.jsp?product1=sdevs&product2=dbva&product3=clear&edition1=ee&edition2=pe

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

I get exactly the same error, except my version of NetBeans is 6.8.

I tried the Community Edition of the SDE which does accept the path.

Do we not have a solution for this yet

Hi Greygor,

Thanks for your post. Do you mean you are also using VP Suite 4.0 to install SDE for NetBeans (SDE-NB) on NetBeans 6.8?
Also, would you mind to tell me more details about “the Community Edition of the SDE which does accept the path”, e.g. what product and version of Community Edition you are trying?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing your response.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

[quote=LilianWong]Hi Greygor,

Thanks for your post. Do you mean you are also using VP Suite 4.0 to install SDE for NetBeans (SDE-NB) on NetBeans 6.8?
Also, would you mind to tell me more details about “the Community Edition of the SDE which does accept the path”, e.g. what product and version of Community Edition you are trying?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing your response.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong[/quote]

Yes to the first question, I get the same error as illustrated in the post I quoted.

I downloaded the community version to test last Thursday/Friday so I assume it is the latest version.

In both installs it gives an option to browse to the Netbeans Path in the installation, the community edition accepts the path, VP Suite 4.0 does not.

Hi Greygor,

Thanks for replying. I’m sorry that VP Suite 4.0 is quite old and it does not support NetBeans 6.8. That’s why installing SDE for NetBeans (SDE-NB) by the latest version you downloaded last Thursday/Friday works but VP Suite 4.0 does not.

Should you have any further question, please feel free to have another post.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

[quote=LilianWong]Hi Greygor,

Thanks for replying. I’m sorry that VP Suite 4.0 is quite old and it does not support NetBeans 6.8. That’s why installing SDE for NetBeans (SDE-NB) by the latest version you downloaded last Thursday/Friday works but VP Suite 4.0 does not.

Should you have any further question, please feel free to have another post.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong[/quote]

or 6.7.1 by the sound of it, see posts by other user’s with the same path error.

Can you let us know up to what version of Netbeans it does support, 6.5?