Instant reverse + java tag

Hello,

I try to instant reverse from my java source (version 5.0). But VP says that it is “unable to parse”. I look my java file and it seems that VP does not undestand the java tags like “@Override”. Have you a solution ?

thanks in advance.

Hi user,

Sorry for the problem. Could you provide me with code sample to repeat the problem? Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Jick

Ok, for example, I have two classes in two files.

This is the first class :

public abstract class AbstractClass {

public abstract void print();

}

and the second :

public class ConcreteClass extends AbstractClass {

@Override
	public void print() {
		System.out.println("hello !");
	}
}

In VP, when I do “Instant Reverve” with “Java Source” on my source folder, I have the message “src\ConcreteClass.java: Unable to parse. (Line=2)”. The reason is the tag @Override because when I remove it, VP can instant reverse. But in my real project, I don’t wan’t to remove this tags.

Hi user,

Thank you for your post. I can reverse your code without any problem. May I know which build you are using? Could you post the vp.log file here for us to identify the problem? You can locate the log file at $vp-suite-install-dir/bin/vp.log

I look forawrd to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Jick

ok, I attach my log file. I don’t think it can help you because it’is empty. I also make a screenshot.
vp.log

vp_screenshot.jpg

Hi user,

The log shows that you are using Service Pack 1 with build number 20060417, which is a pretty old release. The latest release is Service Pack 2 build 20060527. In fact, the whole Instant Reverse engine is enhanced in Service Pack 2. Therefore, please download Service Pack 2 and try the Instant Reverse again. I am sure that the problem was fixed.

Best Regards,
Jick

ok

thanks for your time

You are welcome.
Please feel free to post again if there are any other questions.