Instant Reverse: PHP Parser Broken?

When trying to reverse Zend Framework, VP failed multiple times when parsing interfaces. It seems not to like abstract static method definitions (they don’t really make sense, IMHO, but still, PHP allows them). Examples:

interface Zend_Controller_Router_Route_Interface {
    public static function getInstance(Zend_Config $config); 
}

I hope this is enough to reproduce the problem. Sorry if I’m reporting it at the wrong place. Is there a bug tracking system?

Maarten

Hello Maarten,

Thanks for your post. We will check what the problem is.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Maarten,

I am glad to inform you that we now support ‘static’ in interface function. This will be available in the coming release. Meanwhile, you can try with the patch. Please download at:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200704/Patch/sp1_20070420h/vpplatform.jar

To install the patch:

1. Shutdown any running instances of VP
  2. Replace $vp-suite-install-dir/lib/vpplatform.jar with the downloaded jar file
  3. Run $vp-suite-install-dir/bin/VP Suite.exe to install the patch
  4. Restart the application

Note:

1. If you are going to download with Internet Explorer, you may need to rename the file from .zip to .jar manually
  2. Please do not run Product Update after applying the patch. Otherwise the update will replace the patch with the previous version (I will inform you to run the update when the next release is ready)

Please let me know if it works.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Works as a charm now! Thank you very much for this quick fix!

That’s great Maarten. Thank you so much for your report. :smiley: :smiley:

Hello Maarten,

This is a note to inform you that the fix for the problem about failed to parse interface is now available in Service Pack 2, which was released last Saturday. Since you were asked to use a patch, I would like to suggest you upgrade to the latest version, which is more stable than the patch.

To upgrade, please run the product updater inside the bin folder of VP Suite installation directory.

You may want to know more about the new and enhanced feature in Service Pack 2:
http://resources.visual-paradigm.com/vpsuite3.0sp2

Please feel free to let me know if you need any help.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello,

I just aplied the updates for sp2 (through the VP_Suite_Update in the bin folder) but the reversing still chokes when I try it on an interface with static stuff in 'em.
Is there some other update… or am I doing something all wrong…
I’m using the Mac version.

Thanks!

Dear MultiMe,

Would you mind sending me your code and log file ($vp-suite-install-dir/bin/vp.log) for me to check this problem? Thank you.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

Thanks for the fast response. I sent you a PM last night but here’s a post with the files attached as well.
Thanks for your help.
vp.log
Exports.class.php

Hi MultiMe,

This problem is fixed again. You can download the patch at:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200705/Patch/sp2_20070511r/vpplatform.jar

Please follow the steps I posted before for installing the patch. I will inform you once a complete release is ready. Before that, please do not run the product updater.

Best regards,
Jick

Thanks a lot Jick!

Works great now :smiley:

That’s good ! :smiley: :smiley:

Dear MultiMe,

How are you? I would like to notify you that a newer release of VP Suite is ready. It is now safe to run the product updater to advance to the latest release. In fact, you are suggested to do so because you are using a patch. Please feel free to let me know if there are any questions.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung