Instant Reverse Unsuccessful

Hi

If i make instant reverse i get the following errror:
http://s.foto.radikal.ru/0705/33/7af040ab5a5b.jpg

What does this error message mean?

P.S. The source code is compiled and without syntactic errors.

Hello kashej,

Have you ever installed a package like compat-libstdc+±33? I believe that you have to install the libstdc package to your Linux in order to make libstdc++.so.5 ready.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello, Jick

Thank you for the notice. I have installed this package, but now i get the next error message.
It is:

Instante Reverse Unsuccessful
Reason:
Error in parsing source file.
No input read, no output generated!

I choose the folder, where only 2 classes with derivation relation.
I have created them for testing purpose with eclipse. There are no errors.

Hello kashej,

Would you mind posting the source here so that we can reproduce the problem?

Best regards,
Jick

There are following files in the folder I choose by Instant Reverse:

///////////////////////////// Vater.h /////////////////////////////////////
#ifndef VATER_H_
#define VATER_H_

class Vater
{
public:
Vater();
virtual ~Vater();
};

#endif /VATER_H_/

///////////////////////////// Vater.cpp /////////////////////////////////////
#include “Vater.h”

Vater::Vater()
{
}

Vater::~Vater()
{
}

///////////////////////////// Son.h /////////////////////////////////////
#ifndef SON_H_
#define SON_H_

#include “Vater.h”

class Son : public Vater
{
public:
Son();
virtual ~Son();
};

#endif /SON_H_/

///////////////////////////// Son.cpp /////////////////////////////////////
#include “Son.h”

Son::Son()
{
}

Son::~Son()
{
}

Hello kashej,

The code works for me. Could you send me your log file? You can find the vp.log file inside $vp-suite-install-dir/bin

Look forward to seeing you.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi, Jick

I have installed eclipse and SDE as root, but I use eclipse as normal user.
And as normal user I don’t have write access to /usr/local/VP_Suite3.0/
and to /usr/share/eclipse. It could be no log-file be created.

Should I install eclipse and VP as normal user? Could it solve the problem?

Best Regards
Dennis

1. I have updated SDE version to 4.0, but I still don’t have “Instant Generator” in the Modeling menu.

and 2) I cannot place some classes in class diagram. If I choose a class from the menu and then click in the drawing area, it appears nothing there.

1. I have updated SDE version to 4.0, but I still don’t have “Instant Generator” in the Modeling menu.

and 2) I cannot place some classes in class diagram. If I choose a class from the menu and then click in the drawing area, it appears nothing there.

Hello kashej,

I just sent you a special build. Please try if that work.

Concerning the second problem, could you post some screenshots to show me what you did? Thank you.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi, Jick

I have installed both applications (eclipse and VP) as normal user on an other PC (until this moment it was an notebook) and it works now.

Regards

hi kashej,

Thank you. You may try with the file I sent to you on the problem installation. It may solve the problem as well.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello, Jick

I have now tried Instant Reverse with the classes Vater.h and Son.h like above. But the class diagram contains only these two classes without the derivation relation. Why?

Regards

And an additional question…
Is there are code and model synchronization (for C+±projects) option in version 4.0 of SDE?

thanks

Hello kashej,

After you have reversed Vater.h and Son.h you should see the generalization between them. Do you have that?

Is there are code and model synchronization (for C+±projects) option in version 4.0 of SDE?

Yes. You can try SDE for Visual Studio. It is a UML addon to Visual Studio that lets you perform round-trip engineering between model and Visual Studio inside Visual Studio.

Best regards,
Jick