Interface/Link to Telelogic's Doors

Hello!

Is it possible to import Requirements from Doors directly into VP?

We are manageing our Requirements in Doors (with a 3 step review/release cycle) and want to import them into VP to link the requirements with our UseCases and Class model. We want to lift the traceabillity for our software management.

Mike

I claim responsibility for the above post. :wink:
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your post. We are sorry that we do not support importing models from Doors, but we can try studying if it is possible to import it into our tool. Would you mind sending me some samples for our study? Thanks in advance!

*If you do not want the files to be accessed by public, please send to lilian@visual-paradigm.com

Best regards,
Lilian Wing

Hi Lilian!

I have no problem in sharing our requirements.
I will attach a file.

The problem i see is that doors allows you to make your own structure and this means every doors customer has another format for requirements.

The easiest way would be a generic, configurable excel import.
srsexcerpt.xls

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. As you mentioned, doors allows users to make their own structure, it is very difficult to resolve the structure into our tool.

I suggest you to convert your Excel file to CSV file, then write a plugin to read your CSV file.
Details of implementing and deploying plugin can be found at http://www.visual-paradigm.com/documentation/pluginuserguide.jsp

I hope this will help. If there is any further inquiry, please feel free to contact me again.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong