Is it possible to numberized element

Hello,

I just wanted to know if it is possible to numberized element onto a business process diagram without typing number into item name?

If a numbering is possible, is it a static or a dynamic one?

In advance, thanks
namingHopes.bmp

Hi benoit,

Thanks for your post.
You can find the IDs of the elements in their specification dialog box (“ID” under General tab). The IDs are currently dynamic, but you can assign by yourself.

FYI, you can show the element IDs in active diagram. Just right-click on the diagram and select Presentation Options > Show ID of Elements > Show as Label or Show below Caption in the popup menu (the image attached is the result of showing IDs as label).
If the element IDs are shown as label, you can also assign IDs simply by double-clicking on the label.

Also, there is a global option for showing element IDs at Tools > Options…, then Diagramming > Business Process > ID Generator Format.

I hope these can help. If there are any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

show_ID.png

Hello lilian,

thanks for your quick response.

Is the only way for answering my question showing label?

Then, if i choose to show the label, is it possible to only show label of element i choose and not all of them?

as an example, i do not want to see pool and swimlanes label?

Thanks for your great feedback to all my inquiries.

Hi benoit,

Thanks for replying. Currently, you can only numberize elements by editing ID in elements’ ID label or in element specification.

On the other hand, we do not support showing ID for specific element at the moment, sorry about this.
What do you think if we support to show/hide IDs by the shape type (e.g. show/hide IDs for Tasks and Sub Process)?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong